The name says it all: this dressing is like no other. very original is a much-loved recipe of my mother's that was extraordinarily popular with family and friends. It inspired me to lunch yumm tastes - with it as our very first product - and it remains a favourite of many! With a delicate blend of olive and sesame oils, fresh Australian garlic and raw honey, very original has a warm, nutty and creamy full-bodied taste that is both unique and utterly addictive. And, like anything truly original, it won’t be pinned down. Let it work its magic on every salad you can imagine or as a versatile Asian dipping sauce.
2010 Royal Melbourne Fine Food Show - Bronze medal
2009 Royal Melbourne Fine Food Show - Silver medal
2009 Sydney Fine Food Show - Bronze medal
Contains: Soybean and sesame.
Shelf life: 2.5 months
- Drizzle over a tossed green salad.
- Combine with a tin of four-bean mix and finely sliced Spanish onion for a quick salad.
- On a salade niçoise of green leaves, tuna, quartered hard boiled eggs, blanched green beans, capers, chunks of boiled potato, anchovies and black olives.
- On a salad of rocket, avocado, chargrilled chicken, Spanish onion, semi-dried tomatoes and pine nuts.
- On blanched asparagus or green beans - try topped with toasted flaked almonds.
- Try over stir-fried wombok, snow peas and broccolini, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
- Drizzle over a salad of chargrilled vegetables, cous cous and roasted chickpeas.
- Drizzle over a salad of cos lettuce, carrot, cucumber ribbons, bean shoots, blanched snow peas and roughly chopped dry-roasted peanuts.
- Try on a platter of sliced tomatoes and crumbled feta.
- Mix through a quinoa or brown rice salad of chopped red peppers, celery, toasted sunflower, pumpkin seeds and cashews.
- Splash on anything to make it great!